Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA M6: nightmare
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 08:06:35 -0600

Last night I did something more dangerous than partying pretty young girls
taking pills proffered by friendly college boys. I ate Spicy Food late at
night, Chinese, if you must know. Now all you youngsters will not appreciate
the true horror of this until much later in life but you can trust us
curmudgeons that it is unwise to say the least. Then, worse by far, came the
tortured digestion induced nightmare. Leica sent me.......a Black Paint LHSA
by mistake! Now the moral dilemma was not whether to keep it; of course they
would figure it out and come looking for their $2600US. I also was not going
to keep it and send them the money as Mama Collier did not raise any fools;
$800US premium for a FINISH, forget it. BUT should I open the box and look
at it?!

 "No sir, I have never heard of Leica. I had to open it up to see sir. I
thought I had won the Church Ladies Auxiliary's Sunday School Attendance
Prize. I am in the running you know. I just had to open it up to see. Then I
was not sure what it was. It looked like a camera but how could I be sure? I
just ran a couple of rolls through it; not more than 10 or 20 I think. My
memory is not what it used to be. What a nice.....Oh..... Sorry for
wandering a bit there sir. Did I mention that I only opened it to see what
it was?........"

I awoke screaming and my wife had to sedate and restrain me, they figure
that, if I watch my diet, I should return to some semblance of normalcy in a
few days.

Could we please lay off the "Should I Buy An LHSA Black Paint Special"
thread for a while? Thanks, Doctor's orders.

Cheers

John Collier

A true story, honest.

Replies: Reply from john <bosjohn@mediaone.net> (Re: [Leica] LHSA M6: nightmare)