Subject: Re: [Leica] advice for getting dust out of a finder
From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:27:12 -0400

B.D.:

These things don't come apart easily.  I believe that a heat sensitive glue
is used on the front element and one has to use a heat gun (hair drier) to
soften it for removal.  At that some of the front elements crack with the
heat, so it's a crap shoot.

John Van Stelton (Focal point) will CLA it for about $50-$75 I believe, but
the risk of damage remains.  Contact him.

JB