Subject: Re: [Leica] anybody actually shooting? yes, but nobody pays any attention
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:56:35 EDT

In a message dated 5/25/00 10:40:43 AM, mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:

>Hey folks! The Lug is the Lug. Life is life. There is some minor overlap.
>Odds
>are if your typing out notes on the lug caps or no caps you weren't shooting
>during the time it took to type that note. Me I type with all ten fingers
>so I
>have none free to go click click with my little Leica at that moment. Every
>note
>I read or type on the lug represents time not shooting or printing or
marketing.
>Talk not do.
>I made 30 contact sheets yesterday so I am feeling a bit self satisfied.
>Actually I've got about a Months worth of stuff to print right in front
>of me
>from yesterdays contact printing.
>Mark Rabiner

Last week was deadline -- lots of computer time, production, editing,
proofreading, etc. This week I've spent in the office shuffling papers,
wasting time and trying to line up a story. I've got a shoot tonight but it
will be a portrait most likely. Then I'm off for vacation for two weeks.
We're visiting friends and doing a little camping and fishing. I suspect that
the  Nikon lite touch and the Canon WP-1 (waterproof point and shoot) will
see more service than the Leicas. Then it's back in the office for a couple
of days when I'll try to transform tonight's interview into a story for the
publication -- in other words, more computer time.  Next: off to Washington,
D.C. for a week with 78 high school kids as part of the Rural Electric Youth
Tour. I will shoot quite a bit that week.

Hey, what can I say, not every week is a shooting week . . .

Bob (life can't be all f-stops and viewfinders you know) McEowen