Subject: [Leica] RE: Soft Release
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:16:14 -0400

	[BOB KRAMER]  Thanks for the kind words on my weekly photo effort,
Steve.  And that's some good news about the positive benefits to my coffee
habit!  Nothin' like a double shot very dry cappuccino (made by someone
other than those hacks at Starbucks, of course) for the pause that refreshes
when out shooting up the streets with an M, I say!

	As I mentioned, I shall give the softie a try, and look forward to
giving this snazzy little device a spin ASAP.  I also appreciate everyone
else's comments as well on the problem of shooting in low light.  A few
thoughts here:

	The Noctilux is not an option for someone of my humble means at
present.  Maybe in another lifetime if I come back as an investment banker
or a brain surgeon, perhaps.  But for now the best I can reasonably hope for
is a Summilux, maybe in a year or so.

	I've tried the Delta 3200, and it has WAY too much grain.  Even the
Neopan 1600 showed too much grain (shot at 1600 EI) for my liking.  Maybe I
will give the Neopan a try at 800 EI and see what happens.  Still, it is a
little pricey compared to bulk loading Tri-X.  So for now I think I will see
what the soft release will do for me.  If I can get just one more stop I
think I will be okay (yeah, I know.  Shooting in low light is like being a
junkie...  I always need just one more stop!  <g> ).  Otherwise I will just
increase the available light.  I have started to carry a small flash unit in
my shirt pocket, already connected to the camera with a coiled PC cord, for
when all else fails.  I knew there was a reason I had Sherry upgrade the
flash terminals on my M3 last year!

	Bob Kramer
	Atlanta, GA

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Soft Release)