Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz vs. Voigtländer
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:08:28 -0500

Erwin does what any tester should do and that's evaluate something on
absolute terms.   It's up to the buyer to decide if the product is worth the
price to the buyer.   I really hate it when someone or something try's to
decide what something is worth.  That's my decision to make.

As I pointed out elsewhere, you can get a new 35 Summicron ASPH for $1,295
(or you can buy a pre-ASPH for under $1,000).

I just bought a new 35 Summicron and traded in a 40 year old 35 Summicron
for it.   That 40 year old lens looked and worked like new.   I just wanted
a lens that had more contrast and wasn't so warm.   The next owner of that
lens can probably use it for another 40 years.

Bud