Subject: RE: [Leica] A combination that works for me
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:35:24 -0400

> I would like to hear what others are doing in this regard. Bill

Bill...

Like many others on the LUG, I'm discovering the same joys of using analog
image recording [Leica bodies with Leica and Cosina glass], combined with
digital manipulation and output.  I'm using a wide variety of films at
present [mono and color, chrome and print from a number of vendors; I'm
still figuring out which product I like best], scanning them with an HP
PhotoSmart S20xi film scanner, cleaning them up with Photoshop v5.5, and
distributing them as electronic files via the net or CD-ROM.  On occasion I
will print them out on my HP DeskJet 720C, but they are mostly targeted for
desktop wallpaper or web page use.

I am finding in time that I am using mono film less and less, because I can
achieve the same results with Photoshop manipulation.  Additionally, I have
less and less time to dedicate for mono processing, and it is more
convenient for me to drop the color film off for professional processing
than it is for me to do it and do it right [I don't have dedicated photo
space in our home and I mix everything fresh each time I process].

/Mitch Zeissler