Archived posting to the Leica Users Group, 2000/05/24

[Author Prev] [Author Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Author Index] [Topic Index] [Home] [Search]

Subject: Re: [Leica] A combination that works for me
From: Dan Cardish <>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 18:01:55 -0400
References: <000201bfc59c$c08d02a0$f038ff3f@i973799> <>

RC paper is the common form of photographic printing paper available today.
 It is basically regular paper with a thin layer of polyethyene ('Resin
coated') coating both surfaces of it.  The emulsion is coated on top of the
plastic coating.  It is much easier to process and handle (it dries flat,
for instance) than traditional photographic paper (nowadays called 'fibre
based'), but it doesn't have quite the printing quality either, nor
apparently the longevity.  

The new Epson Premium Glossy paper is an RC paper apparently (it sure looks
like it).  Just today I showed a friend some photos, made noth in my
darkroom and from my Espon; she preferred the Epson's instantly  (you'll
have to just take my word for it that my darkroom technique isn't that bad!).

Dan C.

At 05:07 PM 24-05-00 -0500, wrote:
>Hi Dan,
>I just bought a 1270 and am learning.  Excuse the dumb question but was is RC

Replies: Reply from (Re: [Leica] A combination that works for me)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <> (Re: [Leica] A combination that works for me)
In reply to: Message from "Bill Butz" <> ([Leica] A combination that works for me)
Message from Dan Cardish <> (Re: [Leica] A combination that works for me)