Subject: [Leica] Leica R8 improvements
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 07:33:48 -0400

 Pascal wrote re the R8 mode dial:

 I have yet to encounter a situation in which they were turned
inadvertently !

My two critiscisms of my R8 are it is too heavy and the mode selector moves
"on its own"
I usually carry my camera slung over the shoulder and I think I catch the
protruding edge with my arm whilst walking.
Nevertheles what wonderful ergonomics. This science has been forgotten
since the advent of microprocessors. Most modern electronics are counter
intuitive and non ergonomic. I use as an example my EOS1, car radio and
video recorder. Little used functions are so inaccessible as to be almost
unusable - particularly the car radio.
cheers Frank