Subject: [Leica] Paul K. Miska
From: Kurt Miska <k.miska@french-rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 07:26:15 -0400

Fellow LUGers
If I may be permitted to boast a little, pleas read on. Our son Paul is
a sophomore at the University of Michigan studying aerospace
engineering. He’s also a  very avid amateur photographer using two
N****s. He’s also taking a spring semester of advanced German where one
of his assignments is to do a  5 to 10-minute oral presentation in
German on a subject having to do with Germany.

Knowing how much I enjoy my M2 and its lenses, he chose to do his
presentation on the history of the Leica. I taught him the German words
for ‘professional photographer’, ‘interchangeable lens’, ‘rangefinder’
and a few more. He’s going to quote Mr. Leitz’ famous five words,
“Barnack’s camera will be built.” Then, to make things a little more
interesting, he downloaded a number of famous Leica photographs to show
the class.

He chose, in no particular order, the photo of Che on the cover of the
M6 brochure, the famous Spanish Civil War photo by Robert Capa, the
Vietnam photograph by Eddie Adams showing the execution of the Viet Cong
suspect and, last but not least, the David Douglas Duncan photo of the
exhausted Marine in Korea.

Thanks for listening and with great pride.

Kurt Miska
M2

Replies: Reply from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] Paul K. Miska)