Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Contax G2: Cost
From: Chandos Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:09:23 -0400

aggregate income of the LUG equals that of a developing nation, but this
money thing is kind of silly.&nbsp; For my own part, I'm still pissed
that I can't buy a Concordia yawl for less than $150K; I want one; I need
one, I deserve one, but the damned rich folk just jack up the prices on
me.<br>
Let me speak, though, for a moment, from the academic perspective.&nbsp;
Students at the College of William and Mary spend a little more than a
$1000 per year on books and course materials, which is to say that a
history major, if she buys new books, will spend about $1500+ for all the
materials related to her major over the course of four years.&nbsp; One
might extrapolate that to the cost of gear for a photo major, which
clearly prices Leica out of the student market, if we include a camera as
part of the cost of education.&nbsp; It also prices just about every
other prof. 35mm camera out of the market.&nbsp; So
what?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
As to $700 as &quot;chicken feed,&quot; well Takeshi Hashimoto, you must
be from Texas, which raises some mighty large chickens; 'round these
parts, I'd call it big bucks. <br>
Chandos<br>
At 04:30 PM 05/23/2000 -0400, you wrote:<br>
college.&nbsp; In fact I know one<br>
disabled guy who is trying to get a camera.&nbsp; You want to start there
big<br>
money?<br>
Al Stegmeyer<br>
- ----- Original Message -----<br>