Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm finder needed w/M6 .78?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 08:09:45 -0600

> From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
>
> The 24 is a terrific lens which deserves a good viewfinder. After all, the
> leica is supposed to be quick and easy to use, right?
> The only drawback to the accessory finder is the difficulty of using flash
> on-camera - you can't.

Here is a post from the archives on combining a viewfinder and flash:

- ------------
Subject: [Leica] SF20 + M6TTL + 24 mm VIEWFINDER ?, was: M6 TTL off camera
flash operations
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 00:28:04 +0100

Dejan V. wrote:

> Is it possible to connect SF-20 Flash to M6 TTL with some kind of extension
> cord for off the camera TTL operation?

For LUGers wanting to use their SF20 with the M6TTL +  viewfinder (24 or
28mm),
there is a solution in the Pentax accessories list :
<http://www.pentax.com/accessory.jhtml?accessoryType=Access>
(There are pictures of the following accessories)

You will need :
- - -2 Hot Shoe Adapters F (Catalog No.:31022 Hot Shoe Adapter)
- - -1 Extension Cord F - 5P (Catalog No.: 37347 Extension Cord F5P)

1) Put the Hot Shoe Adapter on the camera
2) Slide the Viewfinder on the Hot Shoe
3) Plug the Extension cord on the side of the Shoe Adapter
4) Plug the other end of the cord on the other Hot Shoe Adapter
5) Put you SF20 on that adapter AFTER a slight modification of the shoe*.

* You will have to remove from the adapter what prevent the foot of the SF
20
to slide totally inside the shoe.
(5 minutes of work, E-mail me if you want to know more)

It's MAY also possible to use one flash on the camera and one extended.
(Then
you will have to modify both the Hot Shoe Adapters). I never tried that
solution.
I don't know if the voltages of the SF20 + METZ 40 Mz3  are to high for the
circuit.

What is also great is that if you put both the Hot Shoe Adapters on top of
each other (still connected by the cord), the SF20 on the top, and
everything
on the camera, it still work.
(With more space between the camera and the flash head)

WARNING: This maybe not so good for your M6TTL rangefinder alignment !!

It work also with the METZ 40Mz3 and the R8.

WARNING: Don't put the extended adapter foot directly on a metallic shoe
like
on the Leitz CTOOM. Put black tape on it first. (Because of the 4 contacts)

Good night,

Lucien