Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NYUK NYUK
From: "leicar8" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 12:54:46 -0700

My next door neighbor, Hilda, no longer alive, worked with the Stooges from
their earliest days through the 1950s in Hollywood. She was approximately 4
feet 8 inches in height, petite, and had a gorgeous face. During her
association with the Stooges, they adored her presence and gave her tons of
black and white photographs of them at work and at play, shot with Leica
screw mounts and other manufacturers' bodies and lenses. However, one day in
the 1970s her sister got extremely mad at her and dumped the large box
containing all the photographs in her garbage can. Hilda was livid but,
addicted to pain killers and drinking heavily during that period, quickly
forgot about it. Hilda's husband, a chronic alcoholic, showed no concern
about the issue. Hilda's sister later apologized to me re dumping the
photos, knowing I was a Stooges fan, and never mentioned the issue again. I
admit I'd like to have at this time the camera equipment and photos obtained
with same, but the matter has been swallowed by history, and history is not
likely to repeat itself in this or a similar fashion.

Terry

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: NYUK NYUK)
Message from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: NYUK NYUK)