Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summilux filter
From: "Terence Tan" <thmtan@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 01:46:57 MYT

Hi Steve,

this is a reply from a LUG lurker who happens to love that lens. First, does
the lens have a filter thread in front of the front element? If it does, it
should take E41 filters which is currently out of production and only
available used. Some filters for the Leitz Summarit 50f1.5 lens also share
that same thread and can be used too. Unfortunately these are also
relatively difficult to come by.

If the lens you have doesn't have a filter thread, then it cannot take
filters directly but requires a Series 7 filter to be mounted onto a
detachable lens hood (12504). Series 7 filters are now rather difficult to
come by too nowadays.

You may be able to find the filter you want in shops dealing in used Leica
stuff. Alternatively, some nice fellow LUGGER may have one to spare. A third
source is the famous eBay online auction site, but you won't get it in time
for your trip I suppose.

Have a good trip, and enjoy using your lens and the pictures it produces!

Best wishes,
Terence
Singapore