Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: manual focus wildlife action
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 20 May 2000 09:43:07 -0700

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Mark Rabiner wrote:

<SNIP>
> Evanston High was my high School nemesis, I grew up in the next town to Evanston.
> My high speed DSL connection helps on this site!
> An impressive display to find other options than Nikon!
> Particularly Leica!
> Mark Rabiner

Hi Mark!

I was in Evanston in college, first from 1970-1972, then 1980-1982 (it's a long story!).  The Chestnut-sided Warbler was on the lakefill next to the observatory (which as I understand has been decomissioned, if not dismantled).  BTW, my first Leica experience was in Evanston.  The night security guard at the Tech building loaned me his IIIg for a few months.  At that time I was a committed N**** user, but once I got the hang of loading the IIIg it was my favorite camera, bar none.  I really hated giving back at the end of the school year.

I just got back from a week in Yosemite with 62 6th-graders.  A really great trip, and a great bunch of kids.  I'll post a report in a day or so.

Doug

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!
 250 FREE hours! Sign-on Now!