Subject: Re: [Leica] Barnack IIIF question.
From: DR.HEUSER@t-online.de (Gerd Heuser)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 18:26:02 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sat, 20 May 2000 11:15:23 -0400, Simon Stevens wrote:

Simon, I don't think so. I recently won an auction on Ebay and got a wonderful IIIf R/D from Darryl Schaeffer (member LHSA).
The camera was serviced and has a wonderful bright viewer and rangefinder. Shutter runs smoothly and quietly. The body shows some use (especially on the base
plate) but otherwise no scratches or dents. 50mm Elmar inclusive.
Price was $480. And this is about all the IIIf's I watch on Ebay. Somewhat around and beneath $500 for excellent condition or better. Only the late IIIf R/D with self timer are
more expensive.
Further: are you absolutely positive, that it is a IIIf? My records show 941xxx to be a M2.

Best Regards,

Gerd