Subject: [Leica] Re: filter shift answer
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 08:03:57 -0700

I personally think (at least myself and LUG folks that I converse privately
with) look at the "name" of the person posting a message. If it happens to
be a person that babbles on relentlessly, message after message, and
believes that he is the definitive answer to "every" question and topic,
then they soon get relegated to the "filter-to-trash" list. Which is
probably why I missed the original "No, just the opposite. It moves the
focus back (toward the film) by its own thickness, essentially by
"delaying" the light as it passes through the glass." message.

Does this mean that all Range Finder cameras need "filter goggles?" I mean,
without equal filters over the RF on an M camera, the lens with a filter
would be focused at a different place than the RF without a filter. Some
folks even have a UV filter on their Noctilux and manage to take sharp
photographs at f/1.0 . How is this possible...? ;-)

Jim