Subject: [Leica] Another Blowout another Dollar
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 17:43:28 -0700

So 20 YEARS ago here in Portland Oregon we had white stuff falling all over the
place but it wasn't snow it was pure silica from the center of the Earth.  I
kinda liked that idea of that. The stockings were hung by the chimney with
care,.. but it was May!! "But it's all over my car!!!" my mom said. Mt. St.
Helens had blown.
Well they made ash trays out of the stuff and sold them on the film counter at
Citizens camera.
It was the first day my first photo assistant was supposed to show up to work
for her first day. But she called in because her car was sick. "I've got to get
this stuff off my car" she said. A BMW. It was good i didn't have to pay her
rent she was as much an apprentice as assistant. . We are closer here to Mt. St.
Helens which you notice they still call a mountain even though it is clearly a
volcano than Pompeii was Mt. Vesuvious but nobody here got buried in ash.
NO signs that say "Caution Lava Crossing" in downtown Portland across from
Camera World or Powells.
TGIF
Leicas make great cameras for people living in Volcano burgs!
Mark Rabiner