Subject: Re: [Leica] 100 R Macro (was 60 Macro Elmarit-R)
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:51:55 -0500

It's my understanding that apocromats are corrected for all three primary
colors whereas normal lenses are typically corrected for the two primary
colors at the ends of the visual spectrum.   This is important with longer
lenses where there isn't much depth of focus.   It's less important with
shorter lenses because they have more depth of focus.

The APO Extenders are also corrected for all three primary colors and should
be used with APO lenses to maintain their outstanding correction.   APO
extenders can also be used with non-APO lenses where they will simply be
outstanding extenders.    It hasn't anything to do with internal focusing.

Bud