Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux viewfinder blocking
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 17:10:14 -0600

According to my readings (Puts ­site below­ and Osterloh) an SLR with a
split image focusing screen has an effective base of about 10mm with a 50/2
lens (Osterloh) while the 0.72 Ms have a base of 49.8mm. Alas I do not know
how to calculate the improvement in focusing accuracy if one uses using a
f1.0 lens. Perhaps some optical mathematician can helps us out? The 0.72
finder is more than capable of focusing the Nocti accurately; after all, it
is only in the last few years that a high-mag finder has been available
again.

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/m/bodies/rfaccuracy.html

John Collier