Subject: Re: [Leica] "Quick" DOF calculation
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:14:06 -0400

Johnny Deadman jotted down the following:

> Maybe another reason you don't like
> it [streetphotography] because it's what HCB called
> 'anti-graphic' photography. Who knows?

I'd consider a lot of what HCB shot to fall within my definition of
streetphotography.  And I'd consider HCB to be one of the masters of
'graphic' photography, if by that you mean composition, i.e., the graphic
properties of the shot (as opposed to the 'graphic' of 'graphic violence').

Interesting therefore that he should have made that comment.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | It's not who you are,
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | It's who you know that counts.