Subject: [Leica] Re: Exact height of CRIS adaptor
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:59:47 +0100

This afternoon I used a micrometer to measure the exact height of a
PX625 mercury cell,  and of a CRIS MR-9 adaptor fitted with a
silver-oxide battery:

Mercury cell             0.235 inch  (5.97mm)

Adaptor                   0.250 inch  (6.35mm)

Difference                0.015 inch   (0.38mm)

I can also confirm that the MR-9 does fit the Leica CL, though it's a
tighter fit than the mercury cell.

I tried putting two MR-9s into a Gossen Lunasix. The stack of two
adaptors is 0.03in (0.76mm) higher than two mercury cells would be,
and the battery cover will close, but the threads engage for only
about 3/4 of a turn, and the cover protrudes from the back plate of
the meter. However, Gossen tells me that it makes its own adaptor,
which costs fifteen pounds here in the UK (about  $24), so is a
cheaper solution than two CRIS adaptors at $29 each.

Regards,

Doug Richardson