Subject: [Leica] Re: CRIS adaptor
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:37:56 +0100

"Bill Satterfield" <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> asked:
>"Will the battery cover screw down all the way? Specs indicate the
battery
(adapter) is thicker"

And "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> replied:

>To quote from the MR-9 FAQ page:

>"Q: When the silver 76 battery is installed in the adapter, is it
exactly
the same size as the PX-625?
>A: No, it is slightly thicker by approximately .010". In some cases
this
only means the battery cap may not screw in quite as deeply as
before."

>This slight extra thickness has made no difference in my Olympus OM1n
(I
sold my M5 years ago). The battery cover still screws down all the
way.

On my SL2, the battery hatch on the baseplate screws in flush when a
mercury cell is used. With the MR-9 it protrudes very slightly - by
about the thickness of a business card.

Regards,

Doug Richardson