Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon F motor speeds
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:39:51 -0400

Michael Darnton jotted down the following:

> Strangely enough, through all the follow-up postings about the motor speeds
> of Nikon Fs, I don't think the original question got answered at all did it?
>
> ...the movie camera

My thoughts exactly.  I saw one of Sonderberg's films recently where he was
talking about how they'd used 6 fps and then repeated each frame 4 times (to
get 24 fps) which produced a wonderful, jerky, odd, effect.  Movie cameras
just seem so much more flexible when it comes to doing anything over time or
involving motion, so I can't imagine that you'd use a still camera.
Besides, if the end result is a film, you'd have to rephotograph the still
shots, because they'd be the wrong size (36x24mm rather than 18x24mm).

Or am I completely missing something?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | It's not who you are,
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | It's who you know that counts.