Subject: [Leica] Nikon F motor speeds
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:24:36 PDT

Strangely enough, through all the follow-up postings about the motor speeds
of Nikon Fs, I don't think the original question got answered at all did it?

I thought (it was a long time ago) it was what were the fast motor-drive
cameras of the time that could have been used for jerky-motion movie
footage. There were the various Robot cameras, and the B&H foton, but I'd
have thought that the totally logical camera would have been the ultimate
motorized 35mm camera of all time--the movie camera. Certainly there would
be no reason at all not to have shot original footage the same way as any
other movie, and produce the effect in editing. Therefore, the effect itself
could have been produced at ANY time subsequent to the development of motion
pix. For this effect the Nikon F seems like the least logical tool of all.

If I misinterpreted the original question, just ignore me, as usual :-)

- --Michael Darnton