Subject: [Leica] Leicaflex SL MOT
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 13:00:55 +0100

Following earlier posts about SL MOT
production numbers, I had the following reply
from Leica UK to an email I directed at
Solms:-

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
"The s/n 1278xxx was allocated to a batch of
Leicaflex SL's in 1970. As was often the
practice this number (not being used in that
batch) would have been carried over to be
used in a  later production  run, i.e. -
Leicaflex SL MOT.   We have no details of any
prototypes, and modification to the original
SL is unlikely".
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I followed this up with a phone call and
their rep claimed that despite the fact that
some of the serial numbers fell outside of
the designated batches, there were, as far as
he was aware only 980 SL MOT''s made,
production was limited to 72-74, he also said
that there were probably far less than 980 SL
specific motor drives made.  Contrary to the
above mail he said that some of the MOT's
outside of the designated serial number
runs may have been modified SL's.

This doesn't really clarify anything, but I
hope its of interest.

Jason

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] 90mm f/2 APO ASPH)
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> ([Leica] 90mm f/2 APO ASPH)