Subject: Re: Europe Travel (was Re: [Leica] London and Paris Trip- Airport Security)
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 14:37:42 -0700

The first $400 worth of any goods purchased overseas are duty-free. The next
$1000 worth of goods are assessed a 10 percent duty, regardless of what they
are. There are additional duties/restrictions on specific items (changes all
the time), but I don't think any of those apply to photographic gear.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.