Subject: Re: [Leica] the world's toughest photographic quiz rant
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 14:46:42 -0600

Warning: Rant Mode!

I am sorry Pascal but this is just the sort of stuff that drives me bananas.
It is simple technical trivia that is completely meaningless. I have never
seen a photograph win awards, praised or collected because it was exposed
correctly! No one admires a photographer because he can do fill flash
competently. These are simple skills that any photographer with sufficient
time and patience can (and should) acquire. When I take photography courses
at the local colleges, everyone wants to talk about f-stops, shutter speeds
and whose camera brand took the most famous pictures! No one talks about
photographs. It is the content and interpretation that counts.

End Rant Mode

Now I have slandered one teacher, Sima Khouriami, who was absolutely
brilliant and a pleasure to learn from. Amazing photographer.

Nothing personal,

John Collier