Subject: Re: [Leica] a question regarding the R3
From: "Fernando Martins" <fer@caleida.pt>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 02:22:38 +0100

> It depends upon what your expectations are.  If you think that getting LTM
> glass is a cheap way of getting Leica glass and are hoping to get the look

what's LTM?

> of the modern ASPH and pre-ASPH lenses, you're going to be bitterly
> disappointed.

yes I am. long live ASPH lenses... :-)

> fabulous.  Use with a yellow filter, Ilford Pan F, and develop in Rodinal
> 1:100.  Then go out pretending you're HCB or Eisenstadt and have fun!

I understand that many of you guys do not like meters, hate colour
film and develop your own stuff. I did a bit of darkroom some years
ago and I loved it. but now I'm waiting to buy an LS-2000 and a 1270.
that's more my style :-)

thanks for the tip anyway.

> The red-scale 50mm f/3.5 Elmar is particularly sought after (and commands a
> premium price) because of it's great optical qualities.  It's also a

that's the (only?) problem with this hobby, when you look at leica...
"premium price" keeps popping in my mind..... :-(((((

> 50mm is perfect: it forces you to take pictures with strong compositional
> structure.

yes, I know what you mean.

thanks for the input.

best regards,