Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5
From: Michael Scarpitti <mikescarpitti@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 14:43:05 -0700 (PDT)

- --- AWSteg <upstream1@mindspring.com> wrote:
> There is a place in this world for each of these
> tools.  To argue about it
> is absurd!  Would you argue about only using a hand
> saw made with German
> steel Vs a Dewalt power saw with an American Blade
> saying that "you are
> power saw."   Please!  The M6 is a great camera and
> the glass is great.  The
> Contax G2 is a great camera with great glass and
> autofocus and motor drive
> and bracking. . .but, there are batteries involved
> and that can present a
> problem sometimes.  The F5 or F100 are great cameras
> and I think the glass
> is not quite as sharp, but faced with a photographic
> problem or job that was
> better solved with an F5, I would choose the F5.
> Under the right set of
> circumstances the F5 would produce a better product.
>  If the M6 was the
> correct tool, then the M6 would be the tool of
> choice, same with the G2. .
> ..or for that matter a digital camera.  This Arian
> glass mindset gets tedious
> and unrealistic in my book.

It's Aryan, by the way, and I'm Italian. I wasn't
talking about M's either. I use SL2's, the best 35mm
reflex ever made. What I argued in my previous post
still stands. Find a group with a lower IQ (or lower
self-esteem) than professional photographers and I'll
eat my hat. I've worked with them. I know.