Subject: Re: [Leica] Follow focusing (WAS: Thanks!! OT Nikon F5)
From: Simon Lamb <s_lamb@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 16:31:37 +0100

Harrison

Wow!  That image is superb and your mastery of the R8 is evident.  I think the
message that comes through here is to change ones style and, as you say, practice a
lot.  Just need someone to lend me an R8 and some lenses.

A quick comment on your statement << But on the long lenses AF can be more of a pain
as it will refocus close if someone runs between me and the subject of the
photo...happens a lot in football.  With MF I/my eyes keep the subject sharp
even though someone crossed the zone of focus. >>

The focus Lock-On on my SLR will not refocus if something comes between the camera
and the subject (at any focal length).  It stays focussed on the subject as it knows
from the distance information provided by the D lens that you do not want the
intruding element to be in focus.  It sounds iffy but it works superbly.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  One last question - how do you scan in your
images to look that good.  I use a Coolscan LS30 and I cannot get that quality.

Simon

Replies: Reply from Peter Jon White <PeterJonWhite@PeterWhiteCycles.com> (Re: [Leica] Follow focusing (WAS: Thanks!! OT Nikon F5))