Subject: Re: [Leica] removing the battery cover from my M6
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 14:31:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

You need to go to the best machine shop in town, and ask them to get the
best swedish tool steel thay have and make you a battery cap removal tool.
Make sure you point to the approximate location where that cap is located
(just about where the self timer used to be on the older M's). If this
fails, take a look in the owner's manual for its location or give it to
them to look it up. Do not let them use an air chisel. Make sure the
solvents are wiped out before melting the plastic.
They will take the cap off to measure its size and to take an imprint
of its profile and in the mean time you will have learnt how to do it by
yourself.
You will then graciously deny the outrageaous charges, cancel the order
and walk away happy!!!! And it's free (save for gas spent on your way
there).

<:-)

Lucian

PS A good supply of battery caps may come in handy! (;-))