Subject: RE: [Leica] CLA M Cameras: lubrication
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 21:37:43 -0600

> environments naturally. Curiously, in the newer cameras, winterising is no
> longer needed. I have a test of a M6 frozen to -20šC (not just
> exposed) and
> the shutter was still within 4% percent accuracy!

John,

I have tested my M6 at -40c with both the camera and the photographer frozen
and neither worked too well!  Apart from everything slowing down (including
my brain functions) you need a pipe wrench to turn the focussing ring...
among other things

Interestingly my N***n F4 has done well at those temps and I have usually
packed it in before the camera did.

Tim A
North of 60