Subject: Re: [Leica] UPS
From: Jeff S <4season_WONDERFUL_SPAM_@boulder.net>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 14:00:34 -0600

Edward Gosfield III wrote:

> When i was in the audio business UPS lost two expensive amplifiers.  No
> question about it, they didn't deny it.  It took 1 YEAR to get
> compensated, while they went through various bs and delaying tactics
> ...er..excuse me..."standard procedures".

Pampers boxes are good; Audio Research cartons are bad. If you must,
paper over the logos with a "Fragile and Perishable" label. For that
matter, don't leave the empty cartons in front of your house for the
trash collectors because that's a dead giveaway that newish valubles are
there for the taking. By the same token, many shops require you to leave
your bags at the counter; you DON'T need to tell anyone that it's your
$10,000 camera system! Just tell them you've got lots of glass in the
bag, so could they please be extra-careful!
- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado

Message from Edward Gosfield III <egosfield@core.com> ([Leica] UPS)