Subject: Re: [Leica] Metering
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 11:13:34 -0700

Walter Levy wrote:

> John wrote:
>
> "Turn off the meter, and practice judging the exposure by eye."
>
> When I was at RIT in the mid-70s our instructor gave us a fun assignment.
> We each received a list of 36 locations around campus, both indoor and
> outdoor.  We were to shoot one black and white exposure at each location,
> without using a light meter.  Very instructive, and confidence-building.
>
> Walter

This thread appears about every couple of months: we are all to dependent on our
meters; should build confidence and sensitivity and go without them.
I'll weigh in again this time and say that I've shot thousands of rolls of film
over decades and I don't buy it- Don't go for it and don't like it.
Once or twice when out street shooting my meter  has gone dead on my and I was
able to find my way home.
Most of my shots came out.
But I say forget the Force, use the meter, get the shot, it may not come again.
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from john <bosjohn@mediaone.net> (Re: [Leica] Metering)