Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: just put the strap on and get going.
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 10:21:09 -0700

>Guy Bennett wrote:
>> your no nonsense approach to putting on the camera strap is definitely
>> *not* the leica way! if you can actually put that strap on without having
>> an orgasm, you might as well be using a n****.
>
>Hi Guy,
>
>     I'm I alone in being a 'no strap' photographer?  I find neckstraps
>resticting, I can't move the camera at will, often to unusual viewpoints
>when I'm not looking through the viewfinder and estimating the
>focus.  With a neckstrap, it's unlikely I would use the camera in a
>freer, less preconceived way.  The Leica can be kept in the pocket or
>handbag, removed for a shot and than replaced.
>
>					Cheers,
>
>								Rich

rich,

gotta admit there's a charm to your system. until just recently, i used my
iiif sans strap, sliding it into the pocket or bag in between shots. a week
or so ago, i found a strap, which i am now trying out. don't know yet if i
prefer it with or without.

otoh, i always use a strap with the m6 (no velcro). i hang it over the
shoulder and across the chest as i find the camera too heavy to wear around
the neck or in the pocket. i've never had a problem getting it into
position for an unusual angle on a shot.

guy