Subject: [Leica] initializing your leica? just put the strap on and get going.
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 18:10:22 -0400 (EDT)

sarawoot asked:

>After reading the page (http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Workshop/4472/)
>that Dan suggests me (thanks Dan for this again), the Using your new
>Leica page describes the way to initialize the camera :) Well, it sounds
>complicate to me.  For instance, I have to get the velcro and attach them
>to the camera-strap nut.  Do I have to do those steps ?  Did you guys do
>that?

ye gods! what a great bit of lunacy! just put a strap on the camera and
start using it. i've never heard such silliness as all this hardware store
purchased velcro whatnots. it's a camera strap for crying out loud. you
definately don't need a set of instructions for opening your leica box in
the right order ("Again, without disturbing the camera just yet, take out the pile of
papers tucked between the camera presentation case and the main box.") --
this guy is, um, er, a little overly meticulous, it seems to me. you
certianly don't need to do this. the m6 is definately simple enough you
don't need ANY instructions to start using it. even the weird loading is
explained on the bottom of the camera with a little diagram. you're buying
a camera, not a loom.

kc