Subject: [Leica] Re: Serial number switch from Wetzlar to Solms, Leitz to Leica
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 18:38:18 +0800

Luggers,
I am the original owner of a Wetzlar made M6, serial # in the 170 range
(Leitz on the red roundal year of manufacture 1986/87). I have checked
Stephen Gandy's site about serial numbers and can't find when the serial
number range on the M6s changed to indicate the move from Wetzlar to Solms
and the change from Leitz to Leica on the camera. Grateful if someone could
help with the answers,
Howard Cummer.