Subject: Re: [Leica] Copyright notice
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 13:13:04 -0500

once upon a time Martin Howard wrote:

> Anyway, I'm not making any money on this, just covering my costs (they're
> only small prints anyway).  I'd like to grant the organization I'm selling
> these to use for educational purposes as much as they'd like, but I don't
> want to see them being used in commercial purposes or advertising.
>
> Anyone know how I should write a copyright notice for this?

Give them a delivery notice with the number of photos, description of
photos, date photos due to be returned with cost if photos are not returned
in same condition as delivered, how long the usage period is for and specify
the usage you are granting.  Stipulate that any other usage must be worked
out with you PRIOR to the usage.  Include the terminology on your invoice
also and make them sign off on the delivery notice. Also mark the back of
the photos with your copyright info including your phone number so a lab can
contact you if they try to get copies made.

If you like I have a form that I use that I could copy and e-mail to you off
list.

- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net