Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom depression
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 18:08:35 -0400

Dan Honemann jotted down the following:

> As someone who is just getting started in photography and planning on doing
> my own (B&W) processing, I'm now facing a difficult choice.  Do I invest my
> money/time in building a darkroom and learning chemicals, or in buying a
> scanner and printer and learning PhotoShop?

Well, just like the decision with the 35 'cron or 'lux, only YOU can answer
that question.  You need to think about what kind of photography you want to
pursue, what media you with to output your work to (web, CD-ROM, prints,
exhibitions, books, etc.) and whether you are primarily interested in the
product (the finished photograph for display) or the process (perhaps as a
counterbalance to work, as an exercise of aesthetics, or for meditative and
contemplative purposes).

M.

- --
Martin Howard              | There's a culture here which dictates that
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU| anyone who walks more than a few paces must
email: howard.390@osu.edu  | either be too poor to own [a car], clinically
www: http://mvhoward.i.am/ | insane, or British.    -- David Willis, BBCWS