Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom depression
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 12:07:28 -0500

>The limitation is with the negative and the information in it, right?  If the
>enlarger lens cannot "read" the details in the negative because of
>underexposure
>or severe overexposure can a scanner do better?   Poor technique is poor
>technique unless you completely bypass the negative and shoot on some
>medium that
>can hold 30 zones of information.
>
>Ray

That pretty well sums it up.
You still have to make good negatives digital or wet darkroom.

As far as that wide range film I suggest Ilford XP2 (or the Kodak as
second choice). It scans better than anything I've tried.  And it has
almost 30 stops of range. Give or take 18 or 20 stops.
:)

Henry Ambrose