Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Decision : Help
From: "Jeff Bailey" <fish-boy@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 07:32:07 -0400

Hi Sarawoot,

I just went through the same decision process. I got a Black M6 TTL .72
finder. I wear glasses so I decided against the .85 finder. I am glad I did
because even the 35mm framelines are difficult to see with glasses.

I decided on the 35mm f1.4 ASPH for my lense. I really like this lense. You
can easily use it indoors. Plus, it is not so big that it is cumbersome.
Plus, the 35mm is very versital.

The people on this list were a great resource. Very, very helpful. I also
looked at lots of photographs. I really like David Allen Harvey. He shoots
with the setup that I decided on and that also played into the decision.

I ordered my Leica from Jim Kuehl (515.225.0110). He is very busy (read:
impossible to get on the phone). Leave your number and he will call you
back. He is great about calling back. His prices are good, not the best, but
he is so helpful and will spend lots of time with you. Plus, next day
shipping is free... I called Chatterton and Tamarkin and liked Mr. Kuehl the
best...

Just make the whole process fun...

Jeff Bailey
fish-boy@mindspring.com