Subject: [Leica] Film Advance Lever Question
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 20:12:36 -0400

LUGers;

The new M5 is great, even with only a 40mm Summicron (which seems to focus
well even wide open and closeup) and my 9cm Elmar I love it.

One question. The little plastic tip to the film advance lever fell off as
the screw that holds it on has stripped the plastic tips threads. I have
fixed it temporarily with a dab of epoxy on the tip of the screw and
putting it in place, but having had this problem for years with my manual
minoltas, I am tired of messing with little plastic tips. I also like the
M5 for its inherent lack of plastic and think that this little piece as an
aberration to its otherwise mineral purity. <G>

Does anyone know if the M5 can be fit with an all metal M3 style film
advance lever like the new millennium M6 has? If this is possible (with the
shutter speed dial being unique on the M5) what can I expect to pay for
that to be done? The camera will need some shop time in the future anyhow,
so I'm just trying to get everything that I want done to it listed prior to
sending it in.

Thanks in advance.
Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube