Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: NO MORE DARKROOM?
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 09:38:07 -0700

People should not forget that a LightJet print is a silver image. The
LightJet printer, prints on photo paper. Cibachrome, Fuji Crystal Archive,
whatever... You get a real print, processed in real chemistry. For a lot of
my color work, I use a LightJet. Some has to be Cibachrome. I have a
Cibachrome print that cannot be reproduced via scanning and LightJet
printing. It is impossible to get the nuances and depth into the print that
the optical process onto Cibachrome can. I have tried. A store in Carmel
that sells my prints chose the Cibachrome version of yet another print.
Likewise, I have LightJet prints that are better than can be produced
optically on to Cibachrome. Each image must be dealt with separately. It is
not a slam dunk one way or the other.

Jim