Subject: [Leica] depths of reverberation
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:13:47 -0400 (EDT)

martin said:

> but do I think for a second that
> sending 55 cameras to these kids is going
> to amount to anything resembling
> substantial change or improvement?  Sorry, no.  I suspect that
> ultimately -- and probably within the not too distant future -- they'll
> simply become part
> of the trash heap that these kids have to live in.

i must say, martin, i disagree completely. at some point during our lives
(well, most of our lives) we all made the decision not to be passive
participants in life. rather active doccumenters of the world around us.
photography made us aware of our surroundings and
gave us a creative outlet that has, for me at least, made all the
difference. not only are these kids learning to express themselves through
photography, but they write as well, this is the first, and i think
biggest, step towards actually believing "i am better than my
surroundings." they're getting international exposure. i don't think nancy
would have been doing it this long if she didn't believe she was getting
real results.

besides, no one would ever throw a leica-h into a dump! they keep them
boxed on shelves and carefully dusted.

kyle