Subject: Re: [Leica] Human Traffic in Canada (or anywhere)
From: "Barker, J. Madison" <Matt.Barker@KutakRock.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:32:45 -0500

I street-shoot some, mostly without incident, using the following techniques
(as well as some already described on the LUG):

I mount a big, cheap flash (without batteries, so it only adds a couple of
ounces) in the shoe, then, right after I've taken the shot, if it looks like
the subject ain't happy, I act like I can't figure out why the flash didn't
fire.  Subject thinks no picture was taken.  Also, I sometimes shoot with
the side of the camera at my ear:  subject thinks I'm listening to the flash
recharge, or some such, and again doesn't perceive that the picture has
already been taken.  Imprecise framing, but sometimes that works to the
good.  Have fun, and let's be safe out there!