Subject: [Leica] Re: G.W.
From: "Walter Levy" <wlevy@jhmi.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 08:43:42 -0400

From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Garry Winogrand

Some people wrote:
> He set the self timer a few degrees, flipped
>the Leica up in the air, and took our picture - almost perfectly framed
>-----------------------------------
>If you got it all wrong and the timer fired just before the Leica hit
>the ground, would every exposure the camera had ever made flash before
>its lens and be superimposed on its last frame?
>
>Alan

No, no, no
When the camera hits the ground all the pictures on the roll would go out
of focus. You would have to use special chemicals on the film. Then
they'd be in focus again.

;)

Henry

When I was attending RIT in the 70s, there was a bottle of whiskey on the counter of the
photo equipment "cage" (where we students could go to check out cameras, lenses, darkroom stuff, etc.).
The bottle was labeled "Focusing Solution."

Carpe Spiritus
- - Walter (Mad Dog 20/20) Levy