Subject: [Leica] awaiting the wrath of the Leica cops
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 16:58:50 -0700 (PDT)

"Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com> wrote:

> Good job, B!  I've already gotten accustomed to carrying the Leica
> around my shoulder (it pretty much lives there now) without the lens
> cap on and without regard to anything but capturing photos.  If I
stop
> and think about how much money I have dangling from my shoulder, it
> will keep me from using the camera as freely as I like--and then
> what's the point of having it?

Exactly!  Of course, I felt a little better once my insurance policy
was drafted.  I added them as a rider to my current homeowner's
policy.  If *anything* happens, I'm covered with no deductible.  I
can't remember exactly how much it was, but something less than $50/yr
to insure my M6 & 35/2 ASPH.  That was less than my UV filter cost.
:)

Yes, I must confess...  I use a filter.  I take it off when I'm
shooting into contrasty light, but otherwise I leave it on.  Then, I
don't worry as much about what cloth I'm using to clean my lens.  But
I digress...I don't want to start a filter discussion or I'm sure I'll
be banned from the list.  :)