Subject: Re: [Leica] Initial impressions of this group
From: s_lamb@compuserve.com
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:19 +0000

Guy Bennett wrote:

>i have not met your wife, but have communicated with her
>telepathically,
>informing her of your diabolical plot to plunder the family
>coffers! i
>instructed her to subvert your evil intentions by immediately
>shipping your
>newly purchased leica gear to my wife, who will put them
>away for safe
>keeping in the secret hiding place she doesn't know i've
>located.
>
>i'll let you know how the stuff works!
>
>guy

Guy

I look forward to a full report ;-)

You are correct in your statement that family coffers will be
plundered.  My wife cannot understand why I would want to
spend such significant sums of money on bodies and lenses,
and then she sees the results.  I remember when I purchased
my 85mm f/1.4 Nikkor lens.  The 10x8 portraits that we now
have hanging around the house are a testament to the value
of the lens and a justification for the price that was paid.

Now, applying that logic to a Noctilux purchase, I guess
about twenty 10x8s should justify the cost.

Simon

>Guy Bennett wrote:
>
>> >Only five days to go until my M6 is in my hands..................#
>> >
>> >Simon
>>
>> and your wallet goes down the drain!
>>
>> guy
>
>Guy
>
>Have you met my wife!  She said the same thing.  At least the
additional
>lenses can be smuggled relatively easily inside clothing so she
may not
>notice me bringing the Noctilux into the house (I wish!).  Unlike
my
>Nikon AFS 80-200 which weighs a ton and comes in an
enormous box.