Subject: [Leica] butt-kicking agression
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 13:48:27 -0700

>The problem came from a female non-Chinese guardian of the children, who
>became physically agressive with me.   When I got home I called the school
>and spoke to the principal,  making clear that I was well within my rights to
>take pictures and that the employee's behavior was unaccceptable.
>    In general,  I shoot first and ask questions later.    I strongly
>believe that we have a right to phootograph anyone/anything in public. But
>sorry to say I get the feeling that this right may soon disappear. There's a
>lot of anti-photography sentiment out there, virtually all of it misdirected
>IMHO.

hmm, sounds like a swift blow to the nose with your camera might have
calmed the school guardian. imagine the photo of her bloody lips and chin,
ahh....

'shoot first and ask questions later' is a good motto, but i personally
adopt that of the president: 'don't ask dont tell.' hey, worked for him!

guy