Subject: Re: [Leica] BULBS!
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:35:49 -0600

Well it is only a fair idea as you have to have an earlier camera to make it
work. The bulbs need time to "warm up" and thus have to be triggered in
advance of the actual exposure. You can use them on late M4-P and M6 cameras
at 1/30 but this hardly helps the fill flash situation. All the earlier
cameras have an M sync terminal that fires off the flash before the first
curtain starts to expose the film and they can use the FP bulbs up to 1/500.
Leica made several flash guns that are well made and cheap. Finally do not
forget to bone up on the old flash guide number system to work out your
exposures!

John Collier